1 puff pastry
Caramel to spread
- First, preheat your oven to 190 °.
- Unroll your puff pastry then sprinkle the entire surface with brown sugar. With your fingertips, tap the grains so that they are well integrated into the dough.
- Then turn the dough over and spread the caramel on its other side (you can buy it in a jar or make it at home) then sprinkle with brown sugar again.
- Roll each end of the dough until the two sausages meet in the center. If you want your cookies to be golden brown, brush with an egg yolk then sprinkle with more brown sugar and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes (this step is not essential, but it makes cutting easier).
- Cut your dough into slices of about one centimeter and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Do not hesitate to restore them to the shape of the palm tree by enhancing the dough if it has sagged during cutting. Bake for 20 minutes and turn your palm trees halfway through cooking so that they are nicely browned on both sides.