There are countless recipes for meatballs that cook in any style, but Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce are a must-have and are always loved by everyone around the table! Discover this easy-to-make recipe to the delight of your taste buds.
- For the tomato sauce
- 1 kg of ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- Basil, thyme
- Salt pepper
- For the meatballs
- 600 g minced beef
- 30 g parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Salt pepper
- A small bowl of flour
1. To make this delicious dish, start with the preparation of the tomato sauce. This will give her time to simmer while you prepare the meatballs. Start by peeling and slicing the onion and garlic, then brown them with a drizzle of olive oil in a sauté pan.
2. Next, prune your tomatoes. To do this, immerse them in boiling water for two minutes, then remove the skin. Crush them and then transfer them to the sauté pan.
3. Add the aromatic herbs previously rinsed and chopped, as well as salt and pepper.
4. Place the bay leaf, cover your pan and simmer over low heat.
5. Now let’s move on to making the beef meatballs! In a bowl, beat the eggs and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and mix with the chopped parsley.
6. Add the ground beef then, using your hands, fold the eggs into the meat. (They will keep the meatballs from crumbling during cooking.)
7. Then shape the balls. Gradually, roll them one after the other in the flour then set aside.
8. In a frying pan, pour a bit of neutral oil or olive oil and brown the meat, changing sides regularly, until they are almost cooked. However, avoid cooking over high heat so that they are not too dry.
9. When cooking is almost done, place them in the slow cooker. They will thus finish cooking in the tomato sauce for even more flavor.