- Number of people6
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- Degree of difficulty Very easy
- Cost a little expensive
- 300 g of shortcrust pastry (or 1 roll)
- 20 g flour to spread
- 12 very thin slices of smoked bacon
- 500 g of apples
- 8 pitted prunes
- 60 g butter
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 cl of heavy cream
- 15 cl of milk
- 1 pinch of allspice
- salt and pepper
- Peel the apples, remove the hearts and seeds, cut the flesh into cubes. Heat 50 g of butter in a sauté pan and cook the apple cubes slowly with the sugar, until they are tender and there is no more liquid. Salt, pepper, flavor with allspices and reserve this compote.
At the same time, brown the smoked bacon slices for 2 minutes over high heat in a non-stick pan. Cut the prunes into strips. Preheat the oven to th 6 (180 °) and butter a tart mold.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface, line the mold with it (if you are using a dough roll, unroll it with baking paper) and prick the dough with a few strokes of the fork. In a bowl, whip the eggs with the cream and milk, salt (a little, because of the breast) and pepper.
- Place the grilled smoked bacon slices on the pie shell. Cover with applesauce, divide the slices of prune and coat the whole with the egg / cream mixture. Bake for about 35 minutes, until the pastry is golden. Serve hot with a batavia salad with shallots.